Hot Pocket | August Update
Hurry up and wait....
In the last two weeks, our shipping schedules have bounced around like a 1986 pinball machine. From a shipping perspective it seems that the whole world is in Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Christmas mode. The reasoning provided to us is Covid, I can vouch for the fact that even our domestic shipments have been a complete nightmare for the last 3 months. Everything is completely haywire. You may remember in our last update we expected to begin shipping Hot Pockets in the beginning of August, as of a 9 days ago I thought this was still possible. I've been trying to flesh out all of the details since.
Here's what has been going on.
Shipment #1 of 1,000 Hot Pockets
- June 15th 1000 Hot Pockets Complete, QC begins.
- June 25th 1000 Hot Pockets Shipped on schedule.
- Estimated arrival date August 4th (My birthday 🥳 ) 👈 🤣 🤦♂️
- August 1st arrival date changed to August 19th, Covid reason given😖.
- August 3rd arrival date changed to August 31st, Covid reason given😡.
Shipment #2 of 3,800 Hot Pockets
- July 20th 3800 Hot Pockets Complete, QC begins.
- July 30th 3800 Hot Pockets Shipped on schedule.
- Estimated arrival date August 19th.
- August 3rd Shipment pulled for random customs exam. 🤦♂️
- August 7th (today) Shipment has missed container, still in customs exam.
- August 7th (today) Estimated arrival date unknown due to customs.
- I am anticipating a September 25th arrival based on our calcs. 🤮
At this point I'm just praying for no natural disasters... I know this has been the most insane roller coaster of a Kickstarter. Believe me, it feels like the blows just keep coming. All I can do at this point is continue to keep you updated. I wish there was something I could do to make these shipments move.
Power Packs, Solar Systems, Light Links, and Chargers are ready and waiting in our warehouse - as soon as Hot Pockets arrive we will start shipping. Once again I thank you and greatly appreciate your patience, I would like to be delivering better news to our beloved backers. You've all been so patient and encouraging through this. Thank you - We'll keep pushing.